Homemade cookies are a holiday tradition and what could be more seasonal that a cranberry pumpkin spice cookie? This is lovely seasonal recipe for making with your kids. Make several batches to give as gifts for the holidays. Your friends will like them and your pocketbook will love them.
Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies
Lovely seasonal recipe for homemade cookies. Make several batches to give as gifts for the holidays.
Guest Chef: Raji Venkatesan
- Whole wheat flour – 2 1/4 cups
- Pumpkin pie spice – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Honey – 3/4 cup
- Pure vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Unsweetened apple sauce – 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin purée – 1 cup
- Raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds – 1 cup
- Dried cranberries – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, spice, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl, combine honey, vanilla, apple sauce and pumpkin purée. Add dry ingredients slowly and mix well. Fold in pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough about 1 inch apart on the baking sheets. Left like this, cookies will bake to be fluffy and cake-like. For a crunchier texture, press down on top of the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.