A quick, nutritious and easy to make quinoa dish.
Guest Chef: Lavanya Krishnan
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup
- Red pepper and green pepper, diced – 1/2 each
- Frozen or fresh peas – 1/4 cup
- Red onion, diced – 1/2
- Yellow and green zucchini – 1/2 each
- Cilantro or mint – 2 tbsp
- Scallion, chopped – 2 tbsp
- Slivered almonds – 3 tbsp
- Cayenne powder – 3 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger, diced – 1 inch
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil and toast almonds. Set aside.
- In same pan, heat rest of olive oil. Add ginger, onions, scallions, peppers. Sauté till onions are soft.
- Add zucchini, peas, cayenne, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and salt. Mix thoroughly and saute for a few more minutes. Add peas and combine well.
- Once quinoa is cooked, mix it in with the vegetables.
- Add toasted almonds and cilantro/mint. Serve hot.