An egg-less banana nut bread that my daughter often makes. When you see bananas turning over-ripe, it is time to make this sure winner. A slice of the bread with a cup of coffee or tea is a perfect afternoon pick-up.
Guest Chef: Raji Venkatesan
- Butter or butter substitute – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ripe bananas – 2
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- Chopped nuts (walnuts and hazelnuts work well) – 1 cup
- Cream butter and sugar together by leaving out at room temperature for a few hours so that it gets soft. After creamed, add mashed bananas, baking soda, and flour. Mix well and stir in nuts.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the batter prepared in step 1 into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until browned on top.