Avacado My neighbour Lauren asked me if I had any good recipes for ripe avocados. She and her family were tired of guacamole and wondered if I could produce something different. I took up the challenge as she preferred three time avacados and a bunch of cilantro that was slightly older that I; it was a bunch I had given her when I left on vacation a week ago. I was back now and she thought I should have it?
I did come up with a dip that I liked. I did it with some help from my refrigerator, fresh herbs from the garden and some websites that had avocado recipes for inspiration and ideas. But I forgot to take pictures! I’ll have to rectify that later.
Avocado and yogurt dip
- Ripe avocado` – 1
- Fresh minced cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Fresh minced mint – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Oregano – 1 tbsp
- Fresh chives minced – 2 tbsp
- Crushed chili pepper flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Low-fat Greek yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Tabasco Sauce – 1 tsp
- Fresh lime juice – 2 tbsp
- Fresh sage Leaves minced – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Green chili minced – 1/2 tsp
- Cucumber, diced – 1/2 cup
- coarse dijon mustard (optional) – 1 tbsp
Scoop the avocado and mash with a fork with the tabasco, vinegar and lime juice. Add the yogurt and all the fresh herbs and mix to desired smoothness. Serve with a sprig of oregano and a few fresh sage leaves as a garnish.